Sugar Creek Vineyard and Winery, Inc. is a vertically integrated vineyard, wine production, and retail wine tasting room. We produce distinctive, artisan wines from our vineyard in Montgomery County, Indiana in addition to wines made from grapes sourced from California, New York, Oregon and South America.
We have something for everyone, from the new wine drinker to more seasoned enthusiasts. Sugar Creek Winery is looking for team-oriented individuals with customer service focus and an interest in wine. We strive to create a relaxed, comfortable and informative environment celebrating outdoor activities with a focus on canoeing, kayaking and white water rafting. We aim to capture the passion that we have for life and place it into each and every wine developed at Sugar Creek Winery.
- Greeting customers promptly, courteously and building a friendly rapport quickly.
- Ability to converse easily about wines.
- Guiding customers to wines they enjoy.
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events.
- Stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room.
- Accurately performing daily inventory and money handling procedures.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- Credentialed and licensed to serve wine in Indiana.
- Experience in retail or customer service.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
- Solid math skills.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules.
- A strong interest in wine and viticulture.
- Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Able to be responsive and flexible at last minute requests.
- High attention to detail.
- Interact well with customers.
- Exhibit interest and appreciation for wine.
- Take ownership of responsibilities.
Typical Schedule: 10-15 hours per week mostly on weekends (Fri-Sun) until 9PM.
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting wage-$12.00/hour + community tips.
- Employee discount on wine and merchandise
- All required training and meetings are paid.
This position requires you to possess an Indiana bartender’s permit. There is a $45 fee for this three-year permit.